Friday 30 April 2010

Goodbye, see you later, laters!

Ok so last post we saw a short film on some basic greetings and also on some parting gestures, I said I would expand on them a little. The reason for this is for example in the previous video
 じゃあまたね - jyamatane was listed as bye, when it translates more as see you later. You could also get variations of this similar to bye, see you, and so on. These are in the like of
でわまた - see you again
じゃあね - Jyane see you or
またね - matane later
さようなら - sayounara was listed as goodbye and this is used more when you are not likely to see someone soonish and is quite formal so usually for someone you don't know that well.

So we have now covered some simple hellos and goodbyes, pronunciation, how to read and write the basic kanas. So now its all about building vocabulary, grammar and practice!

Next I will work on things like colours, days of the week and a few other things before moving onto some verbs and then some basic conversations. If you have any suggestions on what you would like to see then post me a comment and I will see if I can include it, likewise any words or phrases you want.

2 comments:

  1. Do you add the 'see you' & 'later' together as you would in English...or just use one of the other 'goodbyes'? (it's late & I've been reading all about space, not sure if goodbye is even right & I'm not even bothered! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite as simple as that but almost, both are understood as goodbye I just used typical English expressions to try to put an easy rough translation.

    ReplyDelete